Monday, May 5, 2014

Rejoicing and Celebrating!

This weekend was a very special weekend for you Joshua!  We had a lot of family coming in to celebrate your NICU baptism which was back on November 18, 2013.  We had a public recognition of your baptism at the church service.  Grandma and Grandpa W came in early, Aunt Hannah too to help get everything ready.

Sunday morning came and we dressed you up in your handsome little Easter outfit and off to church we went.  We asked the pastor if we could personalize the service, so when the time came, the six of us went up to the altar.  Daddy introduced our family and thanked the congregation for all of their prayers.  And told a little bit of your early start to the people who did not know how fragile your life those early months.  We showed one slide of photos from your birth and one slide of photos from your baptism day as Daddy spoke and I held you.  Then Pastor Eric went through the service similar to a dedication but acknowledged your baptism in the NICU, our faith and commitment to raise you in the Lord.  He anointed you with oil and prayed for you.  I walked to the front with your oxygen in tow and gave you to Pastor Eric so he could hold you up and show you off to the congregation a little more.  The congregation gave the Lord a standing ovation, seeing the work He has done in you is truly a miracle!  Several people commented that there was not a dry eye to be seen.

Daddy thanking the congregation and telling your story.



What an exciting day!  but all you wanted to do was
look at that interesting hand of yours!




After the service we had 18 adults and 11 kids at our house for lunch with family.  The food was good, there was plenty to go around (which I was a little worried about) and it did not feel crowded.  We opened some presents and then it was time for round 2...open house for people at the church.  An additional 30 people had rsvp'd, so I was a little nervous about 60 people fitting in our house, but the Lord blessed us with decent weather so people could go outside and people came and went and it never felt too crowded to me.

You got passed around to different family members who held you so Mommy and Daddy could visit.  This was a little nerve-wracking to Daddy and me; you have never been around so many people or been held by so many, so we prayed for your health and so far the Lord answered and you've remained healthy.

This has been such a long journey, but the Lord has answered so many prayers.  The Lord sustained your life.  He deserves so much thanks and praise for how far you have come!  We have been waiting over 8 months for this day!  This day to celebrate your life and show you off a little.  The service ended with this song.  A song that really could not have been more appropriate so I stood and sang it to the Lord with tears in my eyes and tightness in my throat.

How Can I Keep From Singing

There is an endless song
Echoes in my soul
I hear the music ring

And though the storms may come
I am holding on
To the rock I cling

How can I keep from singing Your praise
How can I ever say enough
How amazing is Your love
How can I keep from shouting Your name
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing

I will lift my eyes
In the darkest night
For I know my Savior lives

And I will walk with You
Knowing You'll see me through
And sing the songs You give

I can sing in the troubled times
Sing when I win
I can sing when I lose my step
And fall down again
I can sing 'cause You pick me up
Sing 'cause You're there
I can sing 'cause You hear me, Lord
When I call to You in prayer
I can sing with my last breath
Sing for I know
That I'll sing with the angels
And the saints around the throne 


No comments:

Post a Comment