Tuesday, June 10, 2014

No attachments!

No tubes, no wires!  That's you about 99% of the time!  I am still not quite used to it.  I pick you up from your play mat and don't have to thread you back through from the place you scooted from.  I can pick you up and not worry about me or the kids tripping over tubing.  The concentrator (aka portable heater) is not heating our house to 100 degrees on those hot spring days we've had!  I can take you WHEREVER I want to in the house and not worry about if the tubing will reach!  You seem so light and portable!  I don't have to hook you up to an oxygen tank to wear you in the ergo!  Going to church or on a walk is so much easier!  And I'm finally getting used to your new "look" with no tubes and stickers on your face.  You looked so different to me the first couple weeks without your old accessories!

The reason I haven't posted about how well you are doing is because for some reason I feel superstitious and feel that if I post something about you no longer needing oxygen then something will happen and we'll need to break the cannula back out.  But pretty much you spend the whole day tube and wire free now.  We will hook you up to the pulse-ox at night or during the day if you aren't acting like your normal self to do a "spot-check"  (The pulse-ox is not very accurate if you are kicking and active so we can't leave it on or it would be constantly beeping!)

Even the times when we have been concerned that your O2 saturation may be low because you are not eating well, or sound congested, or sound wheezy you still sat about 95% which is the minimum of where you need to be.  Each night I watch the numbers thinking they are going to drop low, but they don't.  Daddy also has had many nights where he saw 95, 96, 94, 96 and felt that you weren't going to stay high enough, but you did.

Right now as I write this you are bouncing back and forth between 96, 97, 98.  And we had never seen 100%........ until tonight.

You are too active.  I can't sit and hold you anymore.  You bounce and are fussy,  squirm and cry, want to move and never want to snuggle.  It is pretty irritating to hold you when you are like this so usually that means we just put you to bed and let you fuss till you fall asleep.  But tonight I had endurance through your irritating behavior and eventually you fell asleep on my chest in the kangaroo position (although we weren't skin to skin)  After about a half hour of holding you this way you began to wheeze and it didn't stop, so Daddy got out the pulse-ox and hooked you up.

100%!!!!!  and it picked up right away!  I guess the kangarooing is still good for you!  So many, many hours of holding you like this...and it really did help you and it still is!  I love snuggling with you, I just wish you would settle down more easily so I could snuggle more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment