Friday, June 27, 2014

Happy 10 months!

Ten months old!  Only two months till your birthday!  How can that be?!


You have been getting so much stronger these past few weeks.  We finally switched you over to your crib at night because you would turn on your side in the rock 'n play...not too safe.

But now you don't sleep as well flat on your back - you wake up much more.  We set our 2nd crib up in Mommy and Daddy's bedroom because I am having some separation issues...I want you, need you to sleep in the same room as me.  We were apart for too long while you were in the NICU and I can't have you sleeping even 20 feet away in the next room.  Thankfully Daddy understands.  So, you nap in your room, but bedtime is in our room.

You scoot all over the crib and this week you roll both directions like it is no big deal.  You could rotate 360 degrees if you wanted to on back or belly, so between these movements and scooting you make it to all corners of the crib in little time.  At naptime and bedtime you love your Baby Einstein aquarium (same one as in the NICU).  You turn it on and off all by yourself and I love to watch you in the middle of the night by the blue glow of the aquarium...even if you are whimpering and whiny.  I still want to be close to you.

You also sleep with your lion wubbanub which is on of the best inventions ever!  You can find your paci and put it back in your mouth pretty easily.  And if you don't want to suck you have a toy close by.

You still scoot on your back and you are getting farther distances now.    At tummy time you lift your head almost all the way up now without much strain.

You love to jump in our laps and we have tried you in the doorway bouncer (even though the PT says that is a "no-no")  The first time we tried you didn't "get it" but once Daddy got you started you couldn't stop!!!  You love to bounce, so we do it a little here and a little there...shhhhh don't tell!

Your sitting is getting much better.  You don't like the bumbo at all and I really think you could pop yourself out if we left you in there.  All the other kids would try to get out, but I was never concerned that they actually would...you, on the other hand have a lot of strength and determination and I get worried you will throw yourself out of it one day.  That toy stays in the corner most days.

You have recently discovered your tongue and love to stick it out.  I think you are teething as well, but nothing is showing through the gums so I don't think that is the reason for the tongue in and out.

The pediatrician gave us the green light to try baby food.  BPD clinic gave us a hesitant "yes" (because you are still a wobbly sitter) but we have not tried anything yet.  I'm not in any rush.  BPD said to avoid any grain cereal because of your chronic lung disease.  Apparently when someone digests carbohydrates it releases extra carbon dioxide which would be bad for someone with sick lungs like you.  Who knew?!  We try to sit you in your baby seat at meal times and put toys on your tray to play with us.  You aren't too interested in food unless you are sitting on our laps, but I wonder if it is because you aren't interested or if it is an eye issue.

I still wonder about your eyes and how well you see.  We will set up an appointment for an eye exam after you turn one.  You do not seem to see much past 3 feet.  1-2 feet is where we can always get your attention and get a reaction or a smile, but past that it is difficult or almost impossible.

Breast feeding is going A LOT better!  I'm not sure what clicked, but we are back to more breast-feeding than bottles, so my stubbornness, guilt, and persistence has paid off and we will definitely have enough breast milk in the freezers to last you past your first birthday (which was my plan "B" goal)...hopefully close to your corrected birthday in December (which was my plan "A" goal).
Happy baby with a full belly!
You are one happy baby!  You smile at everyone you meet, you love to move and kick and jump.  You are happy to be alive!  You love attention and don't mind anyone holding you (as long as they have washed their hands first)

We have had no sickness in our house for a VERY long time and with 3 older kids I am so thankful!  They are all good at washing their hands and we haven't been to too many public places besides church.  We kept you home from YKVBS - too many kids in one place.  I am selective about playdates and places I take you.  I'm slowly trying to take you to places like Target or Aldi (usually leaving you covered in the car seat).  Sometimes I feel too protective, but what we've been doing has been working (along with prayer).  I read Proverbs 31 the other day and in the beginning part of vs 8 it says "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves" and so I will continue to speak up for you as I did in the NICU and as I selectively choose our activities for this summer and decide about next year's homeschool co-ops.
You are very fascinated with your bring red
stop sign that reads "Please wash your hands
before touching mine."
And I love your feet in this picture!!!

I love you so much Joshua!  Happy 10 months!  Your photo shoot today shows just how squirmy and active you are!!!

A little too excited!


I've had enough of this photo session...

Add caption


Add caption



*Almost* back to where you started.

No comments:

Post a Comment