Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Thinking back: Opening your eyes!

Today I am thinking back to the day you opened your eyes for the first time.  (You were born with your eyelids fused shut)  I remember Joe dropping me off in the mother's room to pump.  Those early days, I rode to your room in a wheelchair that daddy pushed because I was still recovering from your c-section.  During those days I was also extremely sleep-deprived and dazed.  So as I pumped in the little pumping booth with the curtain drawn I closed my eyes and I had a "vision."  It was weird - I was still awake, my eyes closed, but I was dreaming and I saw you in my minds eye, somehow in the back of my eyelids.  I saw a profile of your little face - it was such a clear picture...and as I was watching you, your eyes fluttered and your little eye opened just a tiny slit and it gave me such a hopeful feeling!

When I was done pumping, bottling, washing my pumping equipment and wheeled back to your NICU room Daddy and I lifted the cover over your isolette and after a few moments I saw it!  I saw exactly what the Lord had shown me just moments before!  And now as I look back on the pictures we took from that day when you first opened your left eye. it is EXACTLY that clear picture in my mind's eye, that was ingrained in my head when I was pumping.

Such a wonderful little blessing during such a hard time!





No comments:

Post a Comment