Thursday, January 15, 2015

Bulking up!

Today a home nurse came to give Joshua his monthly shot for RSV and she did her normal routine weighing him and checking him over.  He weighed 9.05Kg which is 19lb 14oz!!!  Last month she weighed him at 17lb 14oz!!!  That is TWO POUNDS in ONE MONTH!!!  That is CRAZY!

There were several days when he woke up this month and I thought "WOW, I think you grew!"  And I guess it was really true!  I am almost in disbelief, wondering if her scale was calibrated correctly, so I guess I'll believe it a little more next time he gets weighed.  But we've been feeding Joshua a lot more table food this month and we started giving him more protein - meat and beans.  He's learned to chew a lot better and not mash food on the roof of his mouth.  BPD said he can't come off formula (to cow milk) until he eats more protein, so we've been working on it.

Such a big boy you are, Joshua!  You must be working on catching up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment