Friday, January 2, 2015

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas! (and Happy New year too!)  What a joy it was to be with you - Joshua - this Christmas.  To have our family all together...all HOME!!!



I finally ordered a 'home' sign that I had been wanting since November 2013.  After I filmed the holiday commercial when I said, "he has two brothers and a sister waiting for him at home" home became a very special word.  But home was a lofty achievement for you at that point.  It was so far out in the distance that it didn't seem realistic to talk about, but I wanted it so badly.  My heart ached for our family to be together.  Home brought a lump to my throat and tears to my eyes whenever I spoke the word.  Then as late January approached and discussion of "going to the zoo" (NCH NICU lingo for going home) began - Home became a realistic goal, but it made me so anxious too.  I wasn't scared to bring you home, but I was just sad to leave the people we had grown to love.  Then Home became a praise to God, a joyful achievement! A graduation status.  And it brought tears of joy.  This Christmas, HOME is a blessing, a joy, a miracle and I'm so glad you humored me and took some photos with my "home" sign.  It may not be your first Christmas, but your first Christmas at home is  a HUGE celebration!  We are all together and I can hug you and kiss you and snuggle you and cry tears of joy...all because you are HOME!  Thank you Lord!


On Christmas Eve it was just our family.  A normal day, followed by a nice dinner, lots of photos, and church and more photos.  Everyone got to open one gift after church this year...my little Popper's penguins!!!







I love this!  Jeremiah is so affectionate!
Captain Cook and Nelson

All dressed and ready for bed!

Christmas morning we opened lots of gifts and had pancakes.
You love your new touch and feel book!

After 3 years of asking...she finally gets one!

You love your new car ramp.
You figured out how to put the cars
on and you love it!  I'm amazed!
I thought you'd have to get a little older
to appreciate it.

Daddy loves his photo calendar for work.

Disney Cars and Planes were the big
hit for the boys this year.

There is nothing like a "new" toy
that we found in the closet, put some
new batteries in and wrapped up for you!
You loved it!

Daddy is protecting himself in the background.

A popular gift for you this year...puffs.
Everyone knows you well!
You love them!

A photo book of our Disney trip!  Abby loved it!
My penguins!

More home photos...just because I'm so happy you are with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment