Monday, December 16, 2013

Santa and Mrs. Claus

Today Santa came around to the unit.  I was supposed to be there during Santa's visit, but the family that was going to watch the older three called to cancel because their family was sick.  I was so disappointed I couldn't be there...  I really don't care too much about Santa, so I really didn't know what made me so upset.  We've only taken our kids once to see Santa in seven Christmas's.  But I realized it was more about missing out on something special with Joshua than it had to do with Santa.  I have missed out on so much already I don't want to miss out on opportunities to make Joshua's first Christmas unique and special.  I just hate missing so much of his little life. 

So we had a great nurse who is an advocate for Joshua; she figured out a way to take a photo with Santa and Mrs. Claus even though the couple wasn't allowed in Joshua's room with the MRSA contact precautions.  Suzanne unhooked Joshua temporarily from all his tubes and monitors, told him to take a deep breath and rushed him over to the door to get a quick photo with the jolly ol' couple.  It really means so much when a nurse goes out of their way to do something special for us. 

So here is Joshua's first photo with Santa...

No comments:

Post a Comment