Sunday, October 27, 2013

I've waited two months for this!!!

HAPPY TWO MONTH BIRTHDAY!!!







I was nervous for you last night on Si-Pap and really wanted to go in and give you a pep-talk and hold you.  I wanted to be there in case the Si-Pap didn't work out.  I tried to go to sleep, but couldn't.  So I just called in and got updates periodically.  You were doing so well with our nurse Chris.  She put a farrel bag on your feeding tube so your belly can get rid of the excess gas that was accumulating last night.  She said you were working really hard at breathing.   Your belly was retracting in around your ribs too much, but since your O2 was in the parameters that the Dr. gave - you are still going on the Si-pap!

So finally I got up and  went in early before church to hold you and then I went in later in the afternoon/early evening to hold you again.  Overall your respiratory functions have been doing really well.  Before church I held you and I heard little squeaks as you moved around.  Then while you were on me you sneezed about 3 times in a row just like your daddy.  Then they had to prick your heal to draw some labs and you cried.  I didn't like seeing you in pain, but I have waited so long for this!  My throat choked up!  You cried, FINALLY!  You expressed yourself and you can be heard!  Praise the Lord!

Daddy has been saying that the past few days are the calm before the storm.  We don't know what storm is coming, but both Daddy and I feel that it is inevitable that something new will be wrong...SO...today we found out your bilirubin spiked up from ~6 to ~10.  You are on a medication to bring down your direct bili, so this doesn't really make any sense.  You've been off of the TPN for a while, so with this spike in your levels they are ordering lots of tests and ultrasounds.  They are looking for infections, obstructions in your GI tract, etc.  We'll know more tomorrow.  I'm nervous about this! 
All snuggled in, but look how yellow you look!
Your temp went really low after your belly ultrasound
to look at your liver, kidneys and GI tract.
You had your outfit, a receiving blanket,
a fleece sleepsack, two heated blankets,
and a hat and you were still cold!  Good thing you finally
regulated your temp before they got the isolette back out!

Also a couple bits of information that the NNP and doctors have been neglecting to tell us...you still have a heart murmur, but in a different part of the heart.  You have a hernia in your scrotum that will need to be surgically repaired at some point probably around discharge.  Thanks for the full disclosure people!!!  What else is there that we don't know?!

No comments:

Post a Comment