Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Wait, what was that???

So I went in today to kangaroo and care for you.  Daddy was going to meet me at the hospital after work.  He had not seen you for a couple days.  Sunday we did not come in together so Jeremiah could have a nap.  I just went in.  Then Monday Daddy was travelling for work and got home late.  So when he got in today he sat there in the nurse's chair talking to me, you made a gurgley baby sound and all of a sudden his eyes perked up and he straightened and said, "Wait, what was that?!  Was that Joshua?"  I had totally forgotten that Daddy had not heard you yet!  He had seen the video that I took of you crying, but he had not heard you with his own ears.  He was so excited to hear you little Joshua!  To hear your baby sounds is such a joy...then we heard some sneezes and finally at care time Daddy heard your sweet, sweet cries.  What a joy to experience this "first" again as Daddy heard you for the first time.  Thank you Lord for answering this prayer to hear our son cry.

Praise be to God,
who has not rejected my prayer
or withheld his love from me!
---Psalm 66:20

No comments:

Post a Comment